Vegetarian Black Bean Chilli-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a rich source of soluble & insoluble fibre and a good source of plant-based protein.
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Serving Size: 4
Calories(Per Serving): 330 Kcal
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- 1-15 ounce cans of black beans (do not drain)
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Cheddar Shred
- Cilantro, avocado and greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Poke holes in sweet potatoes with a fork then place on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast potatoes in the oven.
- Prepare the chilli by heating add in onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook.
- Mix in chilli powder, oregano, cumin and chipotle chilli powder, stir for 1 minute.
- Mix in beans and tomato sauce. Bring chilli to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, split them open. Place about 1/3-1/2 cup of chilli in each potato then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Top potatoes with cilantro, avocado and greek yoghurt, if desired.