Asparagus is high in vitamin K, which is the blood clotting vitamin. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Also, pasta made with whole wheat is a good source of carbohydrate.
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
Calories (Per Serving): 145 kCal
- Fresh asparagus spears, 200 grams
- Fresh sliced mushrooms, 100 grams
- Chopped red bell pepper, 1 Small
- Medium onion minced, 1 Small
- Cloves of garlic minced, 2 to 3 piece
- Low cal butter, 1 Tablespoon
- Low fat cream, 1 Tablespoon
- Low-fat grated cheese, 2 Tablespoon
- Vegetable broth, 1/2 cup
- Apple cider vinegar, 2 Teaspoon
- Dried whole basil or few fresh basil leaves, 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh parsley fine chopped, 2 Teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Whole wheat pasta, 150 grams
- Cook pasta according to package instruction, drain, and rinse and keep it aside.
- Saute garlic and onions in a large skillet over medium heat with butter for 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms saute for 6-7 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, vinegar and basil; cook over high heat for 3-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to one third.
- Reduce heat, add cream and red pepper; cook for 3 minutes
- Now add cooked pasta, grated cheese and salt/pepper. Cook over slow heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot garnish with some grated cheese and fresh parsley.