Quinoa has a low GI and it is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. These nutrients help with weight loss, reduce blood sugar, lower cholesterol. This is gluten-free and good for celiac diseases.
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 4
Calories (Per Serving): 180 kCal
- Cold cooked quinoa, 2 cups
- Fresh spinach leaves, chopped, 2 cups
- Chopped cucumber, 1 cup
- Halved grape or cherry tomatoes, 1 cup
- Avocado, 1 large
- Green onions, sliced, 2
- Rock salt and black pepper, to taste
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, maple syrup or honey, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and gently stir until salad is coated with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.