Cabbage and green peas recipe is rich in vitamin K.
Preparation time: 15 Minute
- Shredded cabbage, 100gm
- Green peas (fresh) 50gm
- Onion, 30gm
- Tomato, 30gm
- Salt, as per taste
- Turmeric powder, 5 gm
- Coriander powder, 5gm
- Asafoetida powder, a pinch
- Red chili powder, 5gm
- Cumin seeds,5gm
- Garam masala, 5gm
- Amchur powder, as per taste
- Olive oil, 5ml
Method of cooking Cabbage and Green Peas:
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add asafoetida, cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute till transparent. Add chopped tomatoes, stir, then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Stir and saute till you see oil releasing from sides of the mixture.
- Add the shredded cabbage, add green peas, stir very well and season with salt. Stir again and cover the pan with a rimmed lid filled with water.
- Cook till the peas are softened. if the water dries up in the rimmed lid, then add some more water. Once the peas are cooked, if there is any moisture in the pan, then simmer the veggies on a low flame till all the moisture is a bit dried up.
- Lastly, add garam masala powder and amchur powder, mix well and serve hot.
- It is rich in calcium, which is good for bones.
- It is rich in fiber, which is good for the gut.