Makes 10 Dosa
1 cup buckwheat (kuttu atta)
1 tbsp green moong dal (dehusked)
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai/sarson)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
1. Combine the buckwheat and green moong dal in a mixer and blend to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
4. Combine the buckwheat-moong dal powder with the tempering and mix well.
5. Add the green chillies, coriander, salt and approximately 1¾ cup of water and mix well into a batter.
6. Pour a ladle of the batter onto a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and let it spread to form a thin circle.
7. Cook till both the sides are golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more dosas.
9. Serve immediately with tomato-coriander chutney.
About the Author