- 2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup green moong dal, dehusked
- 3 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- a piece of ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 capsicum
- 2 french beans
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 1/2tsp red chilli powder
- Oil for cooking
- Soak rice and dal separately for about 6 hours.
- Then grind them separately.
- Mix them in a container and add salt.
- Cover and leave for fermentation for 12 hours.
- Finely chopped ginger, onion, capsicum, green chilli, tomato and dhania.
- Grate cabbage.
- Mix all these vegetables in the batter.
- Mix red pepper in rice batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan/tawa and 1 tbsp batter on it.
- Cook at low flame and grease it on the corners and turn it to cook the other side.
- Serve it hot.
If the batter sticks on tawa add a little salt to the oil and grease the corners so that Uthappam will not stick on tawa.
Cook the Uthappam on a low flame to make it tastier.