Makes 4 to 6 Idli
- 1/2 cup toovar (arhar) dal
- 1/4 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1/2 cup chana dal (split Bengal gram)
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves (methi), chopped
- 2 cups chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 3 chopped green chillies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- salt to taste
- oil for greasing
- Wash and soak the dals together at least 3 hours.
- Drain and grind to a smooth paste. Add the fenugreek, coriander, green peas, coconut, green chillies, onion, carrot and salt.
- Add water as required to make a thick batter.
- Pour into greased idli moulds and steam for 10 to 12 minutes till done.
- Serve hot.