Makes 4 servings of Avial
- 1/2 cup chopped drumstick (saijan ki phalli/saragavo) into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped french beans into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup snake gourd sliced
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup brinjal (baingan/eggplant) cubes
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh curd(dahi), whisked
- 1 tsp oil
For The Paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
For the paste
Blend all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Combine the drumsticks with ¼ cup of water in a non-stick pan, cover and cook till the drumsticks are half done.
2. Add the remaining vegetables and salt and mix well. Cover and cook till the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the prepared paste, curds and 1 cup of water and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add the oil and simmer for half a minute.
5. Serve hot.