Nowadays most of us are caught up in the everyday hustle-bustle of daily chores due to which our health conveniently takes a back-seat.
One of the most pressing risks of a sedentary lifestyle is that lot of us have become slaves, which leads to an unhealthy weight gain. While we sit and binge on unhealthy, oily snacks and not working out, the body suffers which ultimately lands up causing obesity, diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, osteoarthritis, cardiac diseases, etc.
The most common excuse that most of us come up with is the lack of time. That’s why practicing Yoga is a feasible option. Not only it helps to calm the mind but is also an extremely effective way to get in shape and reduce weight.
Here are some Yoga postures that will help you to be on the right path to attaining your desired body weight:
- Adho Mukha Svanasana: If your problem area is the upper body, especially the arms, then the answer to your problem is the Adho Mukha Svanasana. A weight-bearing pose, it requires one to position the upper body on his/her hands to help tone the biceps and arms.
- Chaturanga Dandasana: Also known as the low plank pose, this asana helps tone your arms and strengthen your biceps and triceps. It requires you to keep your core intact and support the entire body on your hands without touching the ground.
- Ardha Pincha Mayurasana: Also known as dolphin pose, this asana requires the body to balance its weight on the two arms as you try to stay off the ground otherwise. A great posture to tone and strengthen arms, triceps, and biceps, the asana is simple and can be performed by anybody, with the exception of those with neck injuries.
- Utkatasana: It is also known as chair pose, this intense posture strengthens the torso and the lower back. It is a great workout posture to tone the knees, ankles, thighs, and leg muscles. This asana also helps in attaining proper mind-body balance and is a great workout for chest and hip muscles and the spine.
- Anjaneyasana: It is known as the Lunge pose, this posture stretches the hip, the thighs, and the feet and tones the muscles. It improves balance and core awareness, develops stamina and endurance in the thighs.
- Dhanurasana: It is also known as Bow Pose, this posture helps to reduce the belly fat and tone the throat muscles, the thighs, groin, ankle, the front of the body and psoas major muscles.
Make yoga, a part of your life!