Ingredients for Risotto with Spinach
- 11/2-lit veg stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-cup onion finely chopped
- 400 Gms brown rice
- 1 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 500 Gms Spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp grated low-fat cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper/salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Make veg stock to just below a boil, reduce heat and keep at a simmer.
- Heat oil and sauté onion until softened about 2 minutes.
- Add rice, stir to coat and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Lower heat to medium; add 1 cup of the stock, cook, stirring constantly, until liquid has been absorbed.
- Add wine; cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of the spinach and stir alternate adding remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time, with spinach, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed.
- The risotto is done when most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 20to30 minutes total cooking time.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese, salt/pepper, and nutmeg.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates and serve immediately.