Ingredients for Hara Tava Paneer
For the Green Chutney (makes Approx 7 Tbsp)
- 1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp low-fat curds (dahi)
- 20 pieces low-fat paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 25 mm. (1”) x 25 mm. (1”) pieces
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp low-fat milk (99.7% fat-free, readily available in the market)
- 3 tsp oil for cooking
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
For the Green Chutney
- Combine all the ingredients, except the curds, and blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the curds and mix well. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Cut each piece of paneer into half to get 40 pieces of 25 mm. (1”) x 12 mm. (½”)
- Combine the paneer pieces and 5 tbsp of the green chutney in a bowl, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt and the remaining 2 tbsp of the green chutney and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the coriander and milk and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat 1½ tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on high flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the corn mixture and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool slightly.
- Divide the filling into 20 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a piece of paneer on a dry flat surface and spread a portion of the filling evenly over it.
- Sandwich it using another piece of paneer and press gently.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 19 more stuffed paneer pieces.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the stuffed paneer pieces, using the remaining 1½ tsp of oil till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot.