Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup flour (use cake flour if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- oil for frying
- mixed veggies, any kind
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Slowly add the oil and water until smooth and creamy.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Dip the vegetables in the batter, then drop in the oil.
- Allow it to cook for about 3 minutes, until crisp and lightly golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Vegetable Tempura with the dip of your choice.