Mouthwatering Diwali Dessert Recipe
Indulge in the Festive Delight: Pumpkin Kheer, the Mouth-Watering Diwali Dessert
Explore the recipe and experience the symphony of flavors that captures the essence of Diwali in every spoonful.
Time: 25 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
- Peeled and Grated White Pumpkin – 1¼ Cups
- Almond Milk – 2 Cups
- Cow’s Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Jaggery Powder – 4 Tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron Strands – 5- 6
- Almonds (Sliced) – 3-4
- Squeeze out excess water from the grated pumpkin.
- Heat cow’s ghee in a non-stick pan or heavy bottomed pan and add grated pumpkin.
- Sauté it over low flame until the raw smell goes off and almost all moisture is absorbed or for around 6-8 minutes.
- Add Almomd’s milk, stir well and cook until it turns soft or for around 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally in between.
- Add jaggery sugar, saffron strands and cardamom powder and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Cook until mixture turns slightly thick for approx. 4-5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Let it cool at room temperature. Kaddu ka kheer is ready for serving. Garnish it with almonds and serve it warm or chilled as you like it.
- A Deliciously Nutritious Low- Calorie- Dessert. It is rich in A,E,C, Iron and Fibre.
- It is Lactose free.
- Boosts immune system.
- Relieves symptoms of asthma.
A low calorie dessert that helps in weight loss also.
Calories (per Serving) Kcal: 150 Kcal
Carbohydrate – 23 gm
Protein – 4.1 gm
Fat – 7 gm
Fibre – 3.1 gm