Melon seeds are full of health benefits. The melon seeds are an excellent source of proteins, vitamins (folate, thiamine and niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid), minerals (magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus, and manganese) fatty acids.
Listed are few benefits of melon seeds:
- Melon seeds for a younger looking skin: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids These unsaturated fatty acids help to maintain the natural glow of the skin. The antioxidants present in the seeds slow down the skin aging. Thus, the skin appears younger, softer and healthier.
- To Control diabetes: The seeds are good in curing diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels.
Method: Boil a few watermelon seeds in water and drink this liquid every day like (tea) to control blood sugar levels.
- Boosts male fertility: Lycopene, a strong antioxidant, plays a great role in enhancing male fertility and melon seeds are a good source of this antioxidant.
- Memory Booster: Watermelon seeds are loaded with multivitamin B, ensuring a healthy immune and nervous system. A person suffering from memory problems can also benefit to a great extent by consuming watermelon seeds.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: Arginine present in watermelon seeds plays a great role in regulating blood pressure. It also plays a pivotal role in the prevention of coronary heart diseases.
- Rich source of proteins and amino acids: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of proteins and amino acids. It strengthens the hair follicles. The essential fatty acids go a long way to prevent extensive hair damage. To get rid of dandruff and hair fall watermelon seeds are beneficial. People with itchy scalp and dandruff can apply watermelon seed oil to get rid of the problem.
- Excellent source of Omega 6 fatty acids: The melon seeds are full of polyunsaturated fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids act as a shield, keeping the low-density lipoprotein level within limits and keeping your heart healthy.
- For Healthy Heart: Drinking tea made of watermelon seeds will maintain a healthy heart. The magnesium present in the seeds aid in the stabilization of the metabolic processes, important for the proper functioning of the heart. Tea made up of watermelon seeds work as a natural diuretic and It can also be used for kidney cleansing.
- Treat Edema: Take a teaspoon of the melon seeds (dried and grounded) and mix with honey (one teaspoon) and then consume the mixture with a cup of lukewarm water. Consume this twice a day to cure edema.
Although the minerals and vitamins within them may seem a little low, they are still far preferable to potato chips and other unhealthy snacks. We can eat watermelon seeds directly together with the fruit or we can eat them as seeds alone since they have the same benefit. However, we suggest not to go overboard.
Must Read : From Diabetes to Obesity, Moringa is beneficial for All
What is Gut Health? Why is it important?
Follow us : YouTube : www.youtube.com/c/DrShikhasNutriHealthSystemsNewDelhi Instagram : www.instagram.com/nutrihealthsystems Facebook : www.facebook.com/Dr.ShikhasNutriHealth
Post a comment