Every Indian kitchen carries ajwain as a spice. Apart from adding flavours to our dishes, ajwain has several health benefits such as to improve metabolism and gut health, helps to settle common cold, reduce the greying of hair, curing constipation etc. As per Ayurveda ajwain pacifies Vata (Air), Kapha (Water) and increases Pitta (Fire), due to this property of ajwain, it is considered to be a powerful cleanser as well as a digestive enhancer.
It is usually used to add flavour to the food such as parathas, soups, rice and drinks like buttermilk, also it can be taken in the form of ajwain infusion. Ajwain infusion can be prepared by boiling a tsp of ajwain in a glass of water and then having the strained water, also you can soak a tsp of ajwain in water overnight and have the sieved water in the morning.
Following are a few benefits of ajwain and ajwain water:
- Pain relieving: Ajwain seed oil is used to provide relief from ear pain, toothache as well as arthritis pain.
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory: It has such amazing antiseptic properties that ajwain water is used to clean the genital area of the woman after delivery.
- Gut health: It improves the appetite, reduces menstrual cramps, it is known to provide relief from gastric pain. The maximum benefit can be extracted by soaking ajwain in lime juice, drying them and then consuming it daily with warm water.
- Helps in kidney infection: Ajwain water helps to manage kidney malfunction and has the potential to control frequent urination.
- A great detoxifier: It helps in removing toxins from the body. It also helps to reduce mucus secretion, gives relief from cold and cough and is a great aid in treating bronchitis and asthma.
- Weight management: It boosts up the metabolism and accelerates fat burning. For weight loss, it is best taken on an empty stomach.
- Improves milk secretion: Ajwain is also known as a galactagogue as it stimulates milk secretion in lactating women.
So add this spice to your daily diet and enjoy its benefits.
- Neersj Yadav
- January 27, 2019
Good Article Dr Shikha, is there any Home made remedy to Treat Skin infection
- Dr Shikha’s NutriHealth
- January 28, 2019
Hi! You can do the following: For Acidity- Chew fennel seeds after every meal or drink coconut water. For Gas Formation- Chew roasted Ajwain + black salt and drink lukewarm water after meals.
- Sumana maity
- December 2, 2019
Mam. How to reduce belly fat by home remedies?Pls suggest. I can't morning walk due to my waist pain
Post a comment