Ingredients of Nutritious Upma
- ½ cup wheat bran
- 2-cup soy flakes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 lemon juice extracted and strained
- ½ tsp. each mustard & cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- Salt to taste / 1 tbsp. oil
- Roast both wheat bran and soy flakes, in a heavy pan, for two minutes.
- Allow cooling; cook roasted bran and flakes together in 2 cups water for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seeds, and curry leaves, chillies, allow spluttering.
- Add onions, tomatoes, stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add flakes and bran mixture.
- Add turmeric, salt, lemon juice, and coriander.
- Cover and cook on low heat, till fluffy and excess moisture evaporates.
- Serve hot.
Post a comment