Ingredients for Oats Chiwda
- 1 cup Oat flakes
- ½ cup Rice Flakes (Aval/Poha/Chivda)
- ¼ cup Chana Dal (Bengal Gram) – Roasted
- 1 tsp Oil
- 20 – 30 Peanuts
- 10 – 15 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies – Chopped
- 3 tsp White Sesame Seeds – Roasted
- 2 tsp Black Sesame Seeds – Roasted
- ½ tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Seed Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 pinches Hing (Asafoetida) Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- To taste Salt
- Roast oats on low flame until they are crisp & light brown.
- In the same pan, sauté rice flakes on low flame till crisp.
- Heat oil in a pan, add turmeric, hing, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Add chopped peanuts and sauté till they are brownish in colour.
- Now add oats, rice flakes, roasted sesame seeds & roasted chana dal along with cumin seed powder, coriander seed powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Switch off the gas & serve the chiwda hot. You can also cool it and store it in an airtight container.
Post a comment