Spinach Quinoa Cake With Bell Peppers contains Vit A, K, iron, potassium, magnesium and also have plant compounds such as quercetin & kaempferol. It is low in calories, has a low GI index, is gluten-free and is high in fibre.
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Serving Size: 4
Calories(Per Serving): 250.8 Kcal
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and ground red pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko-Japanese breadcrumb
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 1/3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- Preheat broiler to heat to prepare relish, arrange bell peppers, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 minutes and let it stand for 10 minutes. Peel and finely chop them before combining peppers, parsley, vinegar and salt to taste.
- To prepare cakes, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Add onion until tender. Add quinoa and Garlic and cook for 4 minutes. Add broth, bring to a boil. Put chopped spinach. Spread hot quinoa mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet; cool 10 minutes.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375°
- Combine quinoa mixture, cheese, panko, 3/8 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and eggs in a bowl, and toss well to combine. Let mixture stand 5 minutes. Shape into 4 (4-inch) patties.
- Place patties on the pan, and return to oven. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and thoroughly heated. Top with bell pepper relish.
Post a comment