Tips to stay hydrated during winter
There are things that can give satisfaction eg. a chilled glass of water on a sunny day. But on the contrary, it is much harder to feel the same fulfillment at a time when the weather outside is freezing. Nonetheless, keeping oneself hydrated during winters is of utmost important if one would want to maintain a sustainable lifestyle.
There are countless explanations, Many tips to stay hydrated in winters that, Why to increase your everyday water consumption irrespective of any season, but that keeps utmost importance is that properly. It’s not only that water helps in staying hydrated, but also helps to facilitate the temperature of our body and is required in the functioning of tissues, cells, and organs.
Consumption Of water can even facilitate the immune system and can avert us from falling ill while the cold and flu are at peak. In addition, consumption of water can boost up the metabolism and will provide satiety. This phenomenon can help to curb your hunger but also enables you to sustain healthy eating practices even while enjoying vacations and festivities.
So, far we’ve acknowledged why it’s required to keep an eye on maintaining your water intake even during winters, so the next obvious question that arises is how to do so. The daily required quantum of water one should consume depends upon on the body weight and the level of physical exercise. One should aim to consume at least half of their body weight in ounces per day, and monitor it based on the level of daily physical activity.
Some tips to stay hydrated during winter :
- One can consume a soothing cup of warm green tea or hot water with lemon as a warming up drink. These two warm drinks will help to keep one coin chilling winters and also can help to maintain the pace of consuming eight to ten glasses of water per day.
- One can also focus to maintain the consumption of fruits and vegetables in their diet as some of these have really high-water content that can facilitate to achieve and reach the daily water consumption goals. Examples include strawberries, broccoli, and celery.
- Whenever one is trying to maintain optimal water intake, it is also very important to acknowledge what kind of beverage one should not consume. For instance, alcohol and caffeine can make the body extremely dehydrated. So, limiting the intake of such beverages will naturally keep the hydration level of the body up.
- The one practice one can adopt to maintain the hydration level is to drink hydrating beverages regularly, even if one is not feeling thirsty.
- While working one should keep a bottle/ jar of water in the sight on their workstation. This will act as a reminder to hydrate themselves on a regular basis.
- During winters, put on clothes that are excessively warm. It is recommended to put on layers of mainly breathable clothes so as it will not increase sweating, which can cause the loss of fluids.