Why do you feel bloated all the time
Bloating generally occurs in the abdomen. It happens when the GI (gastrointestinal ) tract becomes filled with air or gas. This can be caused by constipation, overeating, weight gain, menstruation in women, other causes like infection, IBS (inflammatory bowel syndrome), inflammation, liver diseases, Crohn’s disease, etc. Bloating may often cause pain, discomfort, and stuffed feelings, it may also look stomach bigger. There are certain things which makes an individual always feel bloated like:
Food items which are a friend of bloating: Consumption of certain food items which creates bloating are :
- Beans and legumes: Beans and legumes contain high amounts of protein and healthy carbs. They are a good source of fiber as well as vitamins and minerals. But some beans and legumes contain flatulence which may create bloating. By soaking and sprouting them we can reduce their bloating effect or we can replace them with those beans like pinto beans and black beans which are easily digestible as compared to kidney beans, lobia, etc. and light color legumes with dark color legumes which are easily digestible.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables like brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, prunes, and apricots may lead to bloating. So, therefore less consumption of these fruits and vegetables may reduce bloating.
- Carbonated drinks: Consumption of carbonated drinks may lead to bloating as they contain excess amounts of simple sugar and gases. So, therefore instead of carbonated drink consumption of water is always best. Other alternative options like tea, coffee, fruits, and vegetable juices can also be taken.
- Wheat: Some people may have gluten absorption sensitivity. Wheat contains gluten, which creates bloating, diarrhea, gas, and stomach pain to the gluten-sensitive people. So, for the consumption of gluten-free products like ragi, buckwheat, rice, almonds flour and coconut flour is advisable instead of wheat.
- Dairy products: Dairy products are very nutritious and a high source of protein and calcium. Dairy products like milk, cottage cheese, curd, cheese, etc. contain lactose which is a natural sugar. Some people may have lactose intolerance in which their body does not break down the lactose, which may create bloating, gas, and stomach pain. So, instead of having dairy products, one can have lactose free products like almond milk, soya milk, coconut milk, etc.
- Poor dietary practices: Our stomach is only about the size of our fist. Consumption of too much food and eating it in a faster way may lead to overeating which may create gasses and bloat in the stomach. so, to avoid this we should stop eating before full and we should eat slowly as our stomach takes 20 min to convey the message to the brain that it is full.
Wrong lifestyle practices: There are certain lifestyle practices which affect our digestive system like:
- Sitting for too long after eating may increase the chances of bloating and also leads to weight gain.
- Less consumption of water may also help in creating bloating in the stomach.
- Having late dinners also leads to bloating.
- Reducing physical activities may lead to weight gain which also causes bloating.
- Consumption of alcohol and cigarette smoking may also help in creating bloating.
So, therefore by adopting good eating habits, good lifestyle practices, and avoiding those foods items which may create bloating, we can reduce the chances of getting bloated.
There are certain herbs like peppermint, chamomile tea, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and turmeric which are beneficial in avoiding bloating.