10 Changes You should Make in Your Diet to make Winters Healthy
Winter season has almost arrived so we should be a little bit conscious about what to eat and what to avoid during this season. With winters the body undergoes many changes to keep up with the weather. We require a lot of vitamins and energy to maintain a proper health. Change in the diet according to the climatic condition is very important to provide the body right fuel.
There are some healthy foods which should be included in the diet during winters:
- Honey: Honey is one of the best forms of natural sweetener which can be used instead of sugar. In winters we should include more amount of honey in our diet because it helps to keep the body warm and is very beneficial in fighting the infections and viruses that are dangerous in causing various diseases such as cold and cough. We can consume a spoon of honey by mixing it with a glass of warm water or milk.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables like spinach, amaranth, colocasia, methi leaves are the ideal food for the winters. Spinach is the richest source of antioxidant and highest source of vitamins such as vitamin A and C. It is good for hair and skin also. Green leafy vegetables provide iron, protein, minerals, and vitamins. They are also very beneficial in preventing asthma which is quite aggravated during the winter season.
- Root Vegetables: Vegetables like carrots, radish, beetroot, potatoes, turnips are very nutritious and the availability of these foods are high during the winters. These are rich in vitamin and minerals and are helpful for the skin which becomes dry in winters.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits should be included in the diet because it is good for skin and metabolism and also protect the immune system. They are also beneficial in fighting the cold and infections. Also helpful to manage the cholesterol.
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the best home foods that should be consumed in winters. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties that are beneficial in fighting various disease.
- Nuts: Nuts are one of the best food for the winters. It keeps us warm and we should include them in the diet. Nuts such as almonds, peanut, walnuts, cashew nuts are ideal to be included in the diet.
- Whole grains: Whole grains like, oats, bajra, wheat, brown rice are not only healthy but also helps to keep the body warm.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has antibacterial properties and keeps your immune system intact. It should be included in the diet and can be consumed by adding in milk. It helps to keep the body warm and fights from various infection.
- Jaggery: It should be included in the diet on daily basis to keep the body warm and preventing it from the chilly weather.
- Eggs: Eggs helps to keep the body warm during the winters and provide a good amount of protein and calories. Boiled or poached egg are the best bet during winters.
- Soup: Soup is the best thing which one can have for the winters. Since it contains various spices and condiments it not only keeps you warm but also provides you antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Include these foods in your diet this winter and keep yourselves warm and disease free this season.