Cinnamon, one of the most potent spices, has been in use for thousands of years now for not just because of its flavour but also for the medicinal properties that it holds. Not only in the field of nutrition, but cinnamon also stands a place in Ayurveda as well. It has warming properties and pungent taste which help in pacifying Vata and Kapha. Also, it is helpful in treating stomach disorders and for balancing digestion. Apart from these, cinnamon has some other amazing benefits which make it stand apart from other herbs.
- Storehouse of powerful antioxidants: It is loaded with antioxidants which fight free radicals and provide protection from heart disease. It helps in lowering the bad cholesterol and improving the levels of good cholesterol in the body, thereby promoting heart health. Cinnamon is also helpful in reducing the growth of cancer cells and prevents them from multiplying rapidly.
- Fights inflammation: Studies suggest that the flavonoids present in cinnamon are helpful in fighting against inflammation levels throughout the body. It is also beneficial in pain management particularly in reducing muscle soreness, decreasing menstrual pain as well as arthritis pain.
- Stabilizes blood sugar: Insulin helps in transportation of blood sugar from the bloodstream to the tissues thereby balancing the blood sugar levels. Cinnamon has the ability to reduce blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Antimicrobial properties: The active compound, cinnamaldehyde, present in cinnamon is helpful in fighting against viral, fungal and bacterial infections. According to experts, cinnamon can be used in the treatment of infections ranging from common cold to bronchitis.
- Acne and dry skin: It can be used as a homemade cure for acne and other skin related problems. It inhibits the growth of acne-causing bacteria and tightens the pores of the skin, thereby making it soft and smooth.
Overall, cinnamon is a great spice for warming the body up and to bring some spark to digestion. In case you wish to include this miracle herb in your diet, you can do so by making its decoction and consuming it daily or in the form of tea or you can even have cinnamon capsules.
So start consuming this from today itself and avail the benefits of cinnamon.
Post a comment