While the world has evolved and changed, the importance of Ayurveda has come into the limelight as the awareness about health and the possible side effects of allopathic medicine is increasing day by day. Nowadays people prefer using kitchen herbs, spices and condiments for treatment over allopathic medicines. One of the day to day home remedy by an Ayurvedic consultant is Triphala.
Triphala has numerous health benefits like weight management, diabetes management, anti-inflammatory (which can help in the treatment of arthritis) and anti-cancer properties. It also contains antioxidants which help in delaying the process of ageing.
So, what is Triphala?
Triphala means three fruits. It as the following three fruits:-
- Embilica officinalis, commonly known as Amla or Indian gooseberry.
- Terminalia bellirica, commonly referred to as Bibhitaki or Beheda in many languages.
- Terminalia chebula, commonly known as harad, is a nut-like fruit that is picked when it is still yellow and ripening.
All the three herbs help in balancing Tridoshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) in the body, as according to Ayurveda a balance of all the three doshas indicates a complete state of well being or health.
Now that we understand what is Triphala, let us know the potential health benefits of Triphala:
- Improves Digestion: Maintaining a good digestive system is the key to overall health. The three herbs in Triphala has laxative properties that relieve constipation.
- Maintains healthy colon: Triphala acts as a great colon cleanser as it regulates the bowel movements.
- Boosts Immunity: It improves the blood circulation which further optimizes the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
- Weight Loss: Triphala is extensively used as the part of a weight loss program as it helps in regulating the bowel movement and thus eliminating toxins from the body. Also, it promotes health by increasing the absorption of nutrients by the body.
- Anti Arthritis: Arthritis is an inflammatory disease wherein inflammation in one or more than one joints takes place which causes pain and stiffness that gets worse with the progressive age. High antioxidants and polyphenol content make it an excellent anti-inflammatory substance.
- Regulates Blood Glucose Level: Recent scientific studies show that Triphala has a hypoglycemic effect that helps in managing blood glucose level in the body.
- Rejuvenates Skin: The miraculous Triphala play an important role in nourishing, rejuvenating, moisturising and softening the skin. This is because of the high content of antioxidants that clears pigmentation and kills acne-causing bacteria.
Get all these benefits of Triphala by ordering it from here.
- Shweta Bhatia
- June 8, 2020
Can breastfeeding mothers take triphala? If yes how much is the recommended dosage? Thanks
- Neetin Singh
- August 13, 2020
Is Triphala really helps in weight loss and hair growth is it true then in how many days one can see the results in weight loss and good hair grow plz tell.
Post a comment