Ingredients for Baked Noodles and Cottage Cheese Casserole
- 1 cup low fat Cottage Cheese
- 4 packet whole wheat noodles
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- ½ tbsp butter, low fat melted
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped or basil
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ Tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
- Sweet Paprika, for topping
- Cook the noodles al dente (means just cook) and cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooked noodles into a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, milk, melted butter, chives or basil and garlic.
- Season this mixture with salt & pepper to taste.
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray lightly on the bottom and sides.
- Place the noodle mixture into this dish and top with the remaining cottage cheese spreading this evenly from end to end.
- Top this evenly with breadcrumbs and top this with paprika for colour.
- Spray this lightly with some nonstick spray.
- Place this into a 400°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Post a comment