Buckwheat Savoury Cake is gluten-free and low-calorie snack which is rich in antioxidants. This recipe is best suited for people with Vata Prakriti. (To know your Prakriti, download Vedique Diet App)
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serving Size: 2
Calories (Per Serving): 150 kCal
- Buckwheat (kuttu flour), 1 Cup
- Fresh Curd, 1 Cup
- Grated raw potatoes,1 Cup
- Grated Ginger, 1 Tablespoon
- Green Chillies, 2-3 finely chopped
- Coriander, 1/4th Cup finely chopped
- Rock Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds (jeera), 1/2 Tsp
- Mustard seeds (sarson), 1/2 Tsp
- Sesame seeds (til), 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida, 1/4th Tsp
- Combine the buckwheat and curds together in a bowl and mix well. Cover and keep aside for at least 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, ginger, green chillies, coriander and salt and mix well. Cover and keep aside for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Pour the batter in the non-stick kadhai and spread it evenly to make a thick layer, cover and cook on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the base turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Lift the cake gently using 2 large flat spoons and turn it over to the other side.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for another 7 to 8 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces. Serve immediately.
Post a comment