Spinach Mint Sauce Coated Sago Upma is a Gluten free recipe which provides good energy especially for people who are fasting. This recipe is best suited for people with Pitta Prakriti. (To know your Prakriti, download Vedique Diet App)
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Serving Size: 1
Calories (Per Serving): 402 kCal
- Spinach, 20 g
- Sago, 60 g
- Potato, 50 g
- Peanuts, 10 g
- Mint leaves, 5 g
- Groundnut oil, 10 g
- Soak 60 grams sago in a bowl containing fresh water. Keep the sago soaked in water for 30 mins.
- In the meantime, boil 20 grams spinach leaves in a pan containing hot water for 5 minutes. Cool and blend to a fine puree.
- Take a saucepan and put 2 tsp groundnut oil. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and 2 tsp roasted peanuts. Let the peanuts cook for 2 minutes. Then add the sago/sabudana granules in the pan and stir gently without letting the sago get mashed. Add 1/2 boiled potato cubes and stir for 2 mins.
- Put 1 tsp fresh mint leaves inside the blender containing spinach puree. Blend the green sauce for 10 seconds and turn off the blender.
- Put 1/6 tsp rock salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper powder, 1/8 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder to the sago upma.
- Mix the upma with the green spinach-mint sauce and stir gently.
Post a comment