Acne is a disease which mostly affects the oil glands of the skin. These oil glands are connected under the skin with the small holes on our skin, called pores through follicles. Sebum, an oily substance made by the oil gland, carries dead skin cells to the surface of the skin inside the follicles. A thin hair also grows through the follicle and out to the skin. When the follicle of a skin gland clogs up, a pimple grows.
Acne is mainly due to the aggravation of Pitta Dosha as per the Ayurveda and aggravates due to the intake of oily, spicy, sour foods and stress.
Cystic, or nodulocystic acne, is a severe type of acne in which the pores in the skin become blocked, leading to infection and inflammation. It mainly affects the face, but also often affect the upper trunk and upper arms.
How you can prevent your skin from acne
- Clean skin gently with a mild cleanser in the morning, evening and after the workout.
- Have 2 teaspoons of Amla Juice in 1 cup of water every day empty stomach.
- Stay out of the sun during high-intensity hours that ultraviolet rays can cause inflammation on the skin.
- Avoid touching your face or propping your cheek or chin with your hands.
- All makeup should be oil-free. Look for the word non-comedogenic and go for it.
- Stress is also a root cause of hormonal disturbances and hormonal regulation cause acne or pimples, so you should avoid taking stress as far as possible. Do deep breathing it will reduce your stress and will balance your hormonal level and also helps in detoxification of your body.
- It is good for your whole body including your skin but you should take shower just after the exercise.
- Include more fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain cereals and nuts like almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds. Avoid processed, packaged and all type of greasy and junk food and that all food which contains too much of sugar and salt it can trigger your acne.
Try to incorporate the given points into your daily routine and you will definitely see a change in your acne.
Post a comment