Ingredients for Lauki and Kuttu Atta Cheela
- Kuttu Atta (1 cup )
- Bottle gourd (1/2 cup, grated)
- Green Chillies (2, chopped)
- Ginger (1 inch, chopped)
- Coriander leaves (1 tbsp, finely chopped)
- Hing (a pinch)
- rock Salt
- Groundnut Oil
Energy – 808 kcal
Carbohydrates – 139.6 g
Protein – 54.3 g
Fats – 3.4 g
1. To prepare the cheela batter, blend Kuttu atta, ginger and chilies in a mixer to a smooth batter adding enough water. The batter should have a consistency thicker than a dosa batter as the addition of lauki will add more water to the batter. Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl.
2. At this stage, grate the lauki and add it to the batter. Add chopped coriander leaves, salt, rice flour and hing. Add water if needed and prepare batter just like that of a dosa batter consistency.
3. Heat a Tava or frying pan. Take a ladle full of batter and pour over the Tava. Spread the batter in the circular motion from inside out. Pour a teaspoon of groundnut oil/ghee all over the sides of cheela and cook till it turns golden brown on both sides. Similarly, prepare the rest of the cheelas.
4. Serve hot with chutney.
Download the Vedique Diet App on Android and iOS for more healthy recipes!
Post a comment