Ingredients for Mediterranean Vegetable Omelet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh fennel bulb
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted green brine-cured olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, marinated in water, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, basil, or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the fennel and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add in the tomato, olives, and artichoke hearts and sauté for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet over the vegetables and stir with a heat-proof spoon for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the omelet with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and set.
- Top with the dill, basil, or parsley.
- Remove the omelet from the skillet onto a cutting board. Carefully cut the omelet into four wedges, like a pizza, and serve.
Post a comment