Ingredients for Moong Dal Dahi Vadas
- 1/2 teacup moong dal (with skin)
- 2 green chillies
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon soda bi-carb or fruit salt
- 2 teacups fresh curds
- 2 pinches roasted cumin powder
- 2 pinches chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (optional)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- For the Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 to 4 pieces green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoons oil
- Soak the moong dal for 3 to 4 hours, drain add the green chillies and blend in a mixer with very little water. Add the asafoetida and soda bi-carb and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick sandwich toaster and spread 1 teaspoon of the mixture in each cavity. Close the heat. When ready, the mixture will be toasted into pieces of triangular shape.
- Take out the toasts or you can use only non-stick pan grill it spoon by spoon (round in shape) give brown colour from both sides after this let it cool and put it in a beaten curd.
- Beat the curds with the salt
- To prepare the seasoning, heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds for 1/2 minute. Add the green chillies.
- Mix the seasoning with the beaten curds
- Spread the seasoned curds over the vadas. Sprinkle the cumin powder, chilli powder and coriander on top and serve. If you like, also sprinkle sweet and sour chutney.
Post a comment