Ingredients for Risotto with Peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Baby Sweet Peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat olive oil in a 2-quart nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add orzo and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until wine evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the orzo absorbs the broth, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add peas, cheese, and butter; reduce heat to low and cook until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Post a comment