Ingredients for Paneer With Broccoli and Sesame
200g sprouting broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 large green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp brown mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 140g paneer cheese, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Trim the broccoli and boil or steam for 5-6 mins until tender but firm to the bite. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the asafoetida, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, chilli, mustard seeds and the curry leaves.
- Cook for 1 min until fragrant, then add the onion and cook another 2 mins.
- Throw in the paneer, ginger and garlic, and season.
- Cook on a medium heat for 4-5 mins until the paneer turns golden.
- Add the broccoli and mix through the paneer and spices, then add lemon juice, mace and twist of pepper.
Post a comment