Ingredients for Stuffed Roasted Red Peppers
- 6 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Roast the bell peppers on a gas stove’s open flame, turning them with tongs, until the skins are blackened, for about 2-3 minutes; or roast them on a rack under the broiler 2 inches from the heat, turning them every 5 minutes, for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let them cool.
- When cool enough to handle, peel peppers starting at the stem end, carefully cut off the tops with a paring knife, and rinse out any seeds. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a sauté pan with olive oil; place over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic until it begins to turn golden, about 1 minute. Add spinach; cook over medium heat until it wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice and salt; place spinach in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small pot, cook couscous according to package directions (about 5 minutes).
- Using a spatula, add the couscous and the feta cheese to the wilted spinach, and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Generously stuff all the peppers with couscous-spinach stuffing, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Post a comment