Ingredients for Broken Wheat Salad with Chickpeas
- 1 big sized green capsicum
- 1 big red capsicum
- 2 cups broken wheat (dalia)
- soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and drained
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chickpea (Kabuli chana), soaked and boiled
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Apply ½ tbsp of oil evenly over the green and red capsicum. Pierce each of them with a fork and roast them over a medium flame till they turn black.
- Immerse them in water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and chop into 25 mm. (1”) cubes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, including the capsicum cubes in a bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve chilled.
Post a comment