How to protect yourself from Air Pollution?
The Nutrition Therapy for Lung Health.
It’s that time of year when the debate over air pollution resurfaces. Unabated levels of pollution in northern India, particularly the National Capital Territory, have been a source of concern for healthcare professionals in recent years. Smog and haze have become an annual occurrence in Delhi during the fourth quarter.
The threat has returned, and you should be very concerned of air pollution because of the many hazardous effects it has on your health. This poor air quality can be very harmful for the health of everyone and in particular people with asthma, COPD, allergies, emphysema, and the elderly and children. Particulate matter — PM2.5 and PM10 — exceeds national and World Health Organization limits and is the primary cause of Delhi’s high rate of cardiovascular disease. The city’s toxic air also contains high levels of sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon monoxide, increasing the risk of strokes, heart attacks, and high blood pressure and exacerbating COVID-19 respiratory complications.
What can you do to protect yourself?
To protect yourself, you must follow certain health rules to protect yourself and support your immunity. Read on to know more:
- Eat 1 amla daily in the form of chutneys, or amla juice mixed with vegetable juice early in the morning.
- Eat Gur (10 grams) daily – either added to your breakfast cereal or mixed with a lung health decoction (Recipe below).
- Make a lung health decoction using the following recipe – 5 grams crushed ginger, 5 black peppers, Tulsi. Put in water and boil. Add 10 grams jaggery to this decoction and drink warm.
- Administrate Nasyam with warm ghee in both nostrils to reduce inflammation.
- Avoid Refined oils and switch to cold pressed Til oil or peanut oil, or sarson oil to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Have light dinners consisting of vegetable soups.
With rising levels of air pollution in Delhi, it is critical that we follow a plan of action to keep safe while also avoiding contributing to air pollution. Change must begin at home, particularly when the implications are terrible. As citizens, we should vow not just to maintain the air around us clean and healthy, but also to do our part for the larger good of the environment and future generations.
The Vedique Diet Programme:
Using nutrition therapy and natural herbs, the Vedique Diet Program addresses menopause, diabetes, and overall health holistically. With an experience of over two decades and treating more than 46000 patients, the Vedique Diet programme by Dr. Shikha Sharma, with her team of doctors and nutritionists expertise in managing menopause, reducing its side effects, and controlling blood sugar levels to prevent further complications.
The journey to a healthier lifestyle and better health begins with the Vedique Diet. Over 46000 patients have benefited from the program.
To be a part of the Vedique Diet programme:
Click here Vedique Diet program
Follow – Dr. Shikha’s Nutrihealth