This salad is free of dairy and gluten and is suitable for vegans. You can substitute cauliflower if romanesco is difficult to find.
- 1 head romanesco, about 750g
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 75g pine nuts
- 160g quinoa (Purchase Quinoa)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 90g plump raisins
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/mark 6. Cut the romanesco into 1cm-thick slices and arrange in a large roasting tin. Drizzle over the olive oil, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then scatter over the pine nuts and continue to cook for a further 8-10 minutes, or until the nuts have turned a light golden colour. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Put the quinoa in a large saucepan and toast it over a moderate heat for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the grains from burning.
- Pour into a fine-mesh sieve and rinse under cold water. Return the quinoa to the saucepan and pour in 360ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 8 minutes (or 10-11 minutes if using red or black quinoa).
- Turn off the heat, cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid or cling film and leave for 15 minutes. The grains should be fluffy and there should be no excess water; if there is, drain through a sieve.
- Spoon into a mixing bowl and stir in the lemon zest, juice and raisins.
- Break up the romanesco into small pieces and add to the quinoa with the pine nuts and chives.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
For More such amazing healthy recipes, download Vedique Diet App.
Post a comment